Since we launched GeniUS! York in January this year a lot has come out of the project and we wanted to share this with you and say thanks for your help in making this happen. So far over the last 9 months:
- Winners of Living Labs Global Awards (LLGA) for Social Innovation, for a proposal to pilot GeniUS! in Cape Town, have been invited to pilot there over next year.
- Shortlisted for Guardian Public Services Award for Community Engagement 2012. Finals to take place in November 2012.
- Invited to participate at a city level in LLGA 2013
- Over 275 GeniUS! York members in innovation community generating over 4000 interactions, comments and ideas since the platform launched in January. 5 pilot projects being considered or underway from the previous 4 challenges, with challenge 5 addressing ‘Making York a Dementia Friendly Place’ now open, in partnership with the Joseph Rowntree Foundation with up to £10k to invest in making your ideas a reality in York.
- A partnership programme with SCY to catalyse and embed innovation in York, through training, events, and opportunities over the next two years, is being developed to build on our early successes.
- The GeniUS York team have been invited to speak on the subject of GeniUS! York at ‘Innovation: accelerating adoption and diffusion in the NHS’ conference in October inYork and also at a British Library Convention ‘Using open innovation to co-create public services’ as part of their EU Funded Open innovation programme in November in London.
We hope to continue building our GeniUS community to facilitate and drive new developments in York with your input and support. So thank you for your involvement so far, please keep contributing and tell your friends and colleagues. Together we can make a real difference!